The Teen Vogue accessories editorials always captivate me. I loved this one from the May issue especially because right now I am loving vintage looking leather and liberty prints. So spot on!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
**Also, enter my Orient Watch Giveaway and Petit Rococo Giveaway!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
For 1 entry: leave a comment with your email address on this post
For 2 entries: become a follower and tell me in your comment
For 3 entries: go to the Petit Rococo website and tell me your favorite piece.
I will randomly choose a winner with a random number generator. The giveaway will run through Sunday May 2nd 11:59 pm and the winner will be announced that Monday. Good Luck!
1. Heads Up – Karen O and the Kids
2. Love’s Not A Competition, But I’m Winning – Kaiser Chiefs
3. No Sound But The Wind - Editors
4. Complaint Department – Lykke Li
5. Mayor of Your Town – Leona Naess
6. The Information - Beck
7. Du Og Meg – Of Montreal
8. Come Back Margaret – Camera Obscura
9. Into The Fire – Thirteen Senses
10. Count to Ten – Tina Dico
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Rules to enter:
Saturday, April 17, 2010
1. Shoot the Lights Out – The Watson Twins
2. Red Lights - Vib Gyor
3. Leave the Lights On – Priscilla Ahn
4. Keys Out Lights On - Jenny Owen Youngs
5. There is a Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
6. Blue Light – Bloc Party
7. Baby You’re My Light – Richard Hawley
8. Lights and Music – Cut Copy
9. Traffic Light – The Ting Tings
10. Lights On – The Pierces
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I recommend a strawberry filling, especially if you can get your hands on some wild berries. The flavor is so great on its own, but the other wonderful thing about strawberries is that they meld well with almost any other fruit, so you can fill the tart with a combination that includes blueberries, peaches, rhubarb, or even apples.
This makes one tart and will serve 6 to 8.
for the pastry:
• 1 c. all-purpose flour
• 1/3 c. whole-wheat pastry flour
• 1/2 tsp. finely ground sea salt
• 1 T. sugar
• 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
• 1/4 c. ice water
for the filling:
• 2 pints (4 c.) fresh strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
• 1/3 c. sugar
• 1/4 c. tapioca flour
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 1 T. strawberry liqueur or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1. Toss together the flours, sugar, and salt for the pastry. Cut the cold stick of unsalted butter into small pieces, and use a pastry blender or food processor to cut the butter into the flour. Stop when the butter is in pea-sized lumps.
2.Gradually add the ice water to the pastry, a tablespoon at a time. Toss the pastry after each addition, and stop adding water when the dough comes together in a lump.
3. Gather the dough into a rough ball, pat it down into a disc, wrap the disc in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes and up to two days.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5.While you chill the dough, make the filling for the galette. Pour the strawberries into a large bowl, and toss the sugar, tapioca flour, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. Sprinkle the dry ingredients evenly over the strawberries, and toss to combine. Pour in the liqueur or vanilla extract (if using), and stir the mixture again. Let it sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
6. When the dough is done chilling, unwrap it and place it on a flat surface that you have coated with flour. Sprinkle flour on a rolling pin, and roll out the dough to an even, flat circle that is close to 15 inches in diameter. Transfer the dough circle to a baking sheet coated with parchment paper.
7. Heap the strawberry filling in the middle of the dough circle, making sure it doesn’t spread too much by scooping it in at the sides if necessary.
8. Create the edges of the tart by grabbing the edges of the dough and folding them inwards. If you want better looking edges, trim the dough to an even circle before you fold it. If you’d like, paint the edges of the tart lightly with melted butter.
9. Bake the tart at 375 for 45 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown. Let it cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving. If you’d like, sprinkle the tart with powdered sugar and serve with fresh whipped cream.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
1. Embers – Just Jack
2. Radio - Beyonce
3. Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
4. Womanizer – Britney Spears
5. Calabria 2007 - Enur
6. Piece of Me – Britney Spears
7. XR2 – M.I.A.
8. Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
9. Jungle Drum – Emiliana Torrini
10. Starstruck – Lady Gaga
What songs do you like working out to?
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
I love the look of this video for Acid Girl's Lightworks. The song is okay, but the theme of this video - Marie Antoinette - is super fantastic! The costumes and the food - it literally is eye candy!
1. Dawn – Pride and Prejudice Soundtrack
2. Ballerina – Leona Naess
3. Postcards from Far Away - Coldplay
4. Many Rivers – Charlotte Martin
5. Avril 14th – Aphex Twin
6. Typical – Laura Marling
7. Bones – Charlotte Martin
8. The Beacon – A Fine Frenzy
9. Hero – Regina Spektor
10. Internalize This – Charlotte Martin