Monday, August 31, 2009

Florence Enchanted


Florence + The Machine's Debut album Lungs has to be my absolute favorite music of the moment. The British chanteuse has such powerful vocals with a rock and roll edge and a unique pixie dust covered sound. Her music transports you to a fairytale like land where glittered harps and chains adorn her glam rock songs. Florence's sound reminds me of Stevie Nicks in the Bella Donna days where new age rituals, dry ice, nymph like outfits, and a choir of backup songstresses would set the stage. All the songs on her debut are standout to me. She has a enchanting sound that makes me want to ride a unicorn in a fairy outfit allover her fairy tale land she creates with her music (that may be a little exaggerated and trippy but its true!). Take a listen and you will be put under her spell too.








*****Check out her music video below!

9 comments:

Lara said...

oh my.. pixie dust sound?!?
runs off to check them out!
thanks for sharing!!! :) XO

Anonymous said...

I love her! she is such a powerhouse, fun, funky, and funny. I've heard she was a major party girl back in London and actually found her agent b/c she was signing in some gay dance club bathroom hehe

Lexie said...

what a fun gal! i'll have to take a listen!

erika sorocco said...

I'm going to listen right now. I've been listening to a lot of LCD Soundsystem lately, I suppose it's time for a change. Plus, who can resist a "pixie dust sound"? :)

Laura Soler said...

Oh my GOD! I love both, the pictures and the singing!! thamks so much for sharing this!!

Emily said...

I actually saw her perform recently at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium (got there 2 hours early to be at the front!) and she was A.MAZING. Incredibly sweet too, overcome with emotion at the sight of hundreds of foreign fans singing 'Dog Days Are Over' back to her.

Unknown said...

I cannot stop rocking out to Dog Days Are Over!

shooting stars said...

fyi she is in October Teen Vogue! :)

p.s. your blog is great.

Stephanie said...

I bought her album last week and it has been on heavy rotation since. Love it!