Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Heath Toffee Cookies

I made these yummy cookies for a bakesale a few weeks ago and basically only used what I had in the pantry. They're semi-healthy with the wheat flour and margerine (or so I tell myself). I wish I took pictures, but they're much better tasting than they look. In fact, they were DELICIOUS!

1 1/2 c. sifted white wheat flour, minus 3 TBL
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. margarine (I used Parkay)
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3c. toffee bits (1 package)

1. Combine flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream margerine and add sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy and stir in dry ingredients.
3. Blend in candy.
4. Drop 2 inch apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Makes approximately 3 dozen

5 comments:

tess said...

toffee bits, yum!

can you please come and be my personal baker haha?

ahlin said...

um....yum.

check out my blog for some awesomeness directed at you. yes. you.

S.Elisabeth said...

I am so gonna have to make these. They sound amazing (and healthy is a plus!)

Robert stokes said...

Sounds good babycakes
Check My blog

la petite fashionista said...

haha i do the same thing! i buy organic treats or things made with whole wheat and convince myself that they're MUCH healthier ;)