Monday, July 14, 2008

Best Smoothie Ever!


This is the best smoothie you will ever taste in your life - and you made it! Take 2 frozen ripe bananas (freeze in plastic wrap when they get too that too sweet, too soft stage), two 6oz containers of your favorite flavor of yogurt (I use fat free kind, and you cannot tell a difference), and 3 tablespoons of strawberry preserves. Mix it in the blender until all the frozen banana (which serves as your "ice") is smooth.

and VOILA! you have the best smoothie ever!

this recipe serves 2 people

in the summer what I like to do is make these the night before and freeze them in 2 cups. They taste really good frozen hard and that's my breakfast or lunch for the next 2 days :)

ENJOY!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, sounds delish! thanks for sharing!

Jaclyn said...

That look so good, I made a smoothie today, with frozen raspberries, frozen banana, strawberries and yogurt.

Anonymous said...

i just gave you the brilliante blogger award, enjoy

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I could certainly go for one right now!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Ahhh....I want a smoothie now!

L.I.N said...

mm. i will most definitely try this!!

Human Racing said...

Looks tasty!

Katia said...

I lovee making smoothies, my mom bought the "miracle blender" last year and I just can't stop, but they're always warm.. so freezing the bananas is genius, I'll try it =]

rg. said...

aummertime is the best time for smoothies

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

You might have to get out of the city, but there are many vintage shops in MD and VA!

Couture Carrie said...

Smoothies are the most perfect summer treat - I make them all the time using frozen fruit and vanilla soymilk - yum!!

Sally said...

Thanks!
o the smoothie sounds well nice, will have to try it! x

Wendy said...

I really want one now!

In Yr Fshn said...

That look so yummy! I can't wait to try it...

taffy. said...

yummo!
thank you!

Sydney said...

ahh! i love treat tips!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

YUM, can't wait to try this!

Sam said...

mmm, looks yummy! i'll have to try it. great post!

thetinylittlegirl said...

yum! that looks soooo good!

Ellie Lee said...

SMOOTHIES(((: My absolute fav! And it sounds pretty healthy too((:

Mónica said...

it looks incredibly good

Shopaholic D said...

ooh - that sounds good! strawberry/banana is my fave kind, too!

:) D