Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to the Start

^ I took this picture of a telephone wire outside my neighborhood. I like the clean crisp lines and colors...it looks fresh!
.
Today I leave to go back for another semester in Charleston. I am looking forward to new classes (now they actually pertain to my major now that I'm done with gen ed), new teachers, new classmates, auditions for plays....its all very exciting! Things will be different though, as one of my close friends is transferring and another studying abroad. I still have other close friends, but it gets exhausting sometimes trying to re-adjust to changes in your friend group, just as it is trying to establish a friend group in the first place. While making friends in college, I have not only learned about my everyone's different lives and beliefs (I was in a bubble before) but I have also learned more about myself and the person I want to be. The process is ongoing, but the result is worth it in the end. Its all a part of this thing we like to call college.
And with that, I wish everyone a great semester!
.
Some tunes about a fresh, new start:
1. Brand New Day – Joshua Radin
2. Brave New Girl – Britney Spears
3. Brand New Start – Little Joy
4. New Soul – Yael Naim
5. Start Today Tomorrow – Youth Group
6. A Good Start – Maria Taylor
7. Back to the Start – Lily Allen
8. I Will Buy You A New Life - Everclear
9. The Start – The Bees
10. New Shoes – Paolo Nutini

9 comments:

Etrapar said...

love this post ^.^
kisses

xoxo;tee said...

I felt the same way. I'm a freshman this year and the first 2-2.5 months of school were so hard for me. I felt like I had no one. But things always work out. I'll be in your position next year because my closest friends are moving off campus and I'm staying on. So it will definitely a test! Good Luck and Have a Great Semester!!

Anonymous said...

oh man, I just put up a post similar to this too! I return tomorrow AHH and like you most of my classes are related to major finally, yay! I'm not sure if I was in a bubble before, because I find so many of the kids at my college are similar to each other, so even if there were any adjustments to that environment in my freshman year I'm used to it now...

Lexie said...

i hope you have a wonderful spring semester! what is your major ... i think you may have posted about it, but i cant remember!

la petite fashionista said...

so exciting once you're in your major classes. going to classes becomes so much less painful!:) i agree, college has definitely changed my life for the better.

erika sorocco said...

Stress is always so prevalent at the beginning of a new semester - I truly cannot stand it! Good luck with the new year - things will calm down!

By the way, loving the inclusion of Little Joy, Joshua Radin, Lily Allen, and Paolo Nutini on your playlist; tres fabulous!! :)

LAUREN said...

i know you'll be able to have that great semester you deserve! and i love yael naim and paolo nutini, too! xx

Phie Preston said...

Thanks for checking out The Fashion Smoke! Goodluck with your return to college! I return to my uni this week as well :)

http://thefashionsmoke.com

Cassidy said...

i can't wait till college !