Friday, March 14, 2008

Kiss Me, I'm Irish


cookies, Eleni's Bakery NYC

Yes, I am part Irish (even got the red hair to prove it), so my family actually has shamrock decorations and we eat corned beef and cabbage on St. Patty's Day. I think its a cute holiday ;) so I actually put together a playlist concerning rainbows, luck, gold and also 2 awesome bands from Ireland:

1. I Was Zapped By The Lucky Super Rainbow - The Flaming Lips
2. Spitting Games - Snow Patrol
3.Vertigo - U2
4. Gold Lion - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
5. Lucky - Britney Spears
6. Rainbows in the Dark - Tilly and the Wall
7. Tears of Gold - Ryan Adams
8. Fools Gold - Katie Herzig
9. How Lucky We Are - Meiko
10. Beautiful Rainbow - The Elected

this is a drawing I did for my school's 5k fundraiser that's happening tomorrow. Its on the green tees and metals :)

Happy Early St. Patrick's Day!

16 comments:

Candice said...

i had no idea it is going to be st patricks day.

Nicole Then said...

lol, yummy funny! hm, what's st patrick's day?

Monika said...

I wish we in Austria would celebrate such a day :-))!!

saray said...

yumm
never heared about st patrick's day before.

SICK. said...

i'm irish too ! & i have red hair as well. actually it's strawberry blond, but close enough.
:]
happy almost st.patty's !
oh &ps nicole : it's the seventeenth.



x.
jessica

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

We might be slightly Irish, but regardless my mother is a BIG fan of corn beef and cabbage, and soda bread and potatoes, etc.

Anonymous said...

St. Patricks day IS a fun holiday. I'm in no way Irish so we don't really celebrate it, but I never forget to wear green! =]

Anonymous said...

hehe cute post! i'm usually always out of the country (on spring break vacay) during st. patty's however this year i actually get to eat corned beef & cabbage in state! woohoo! haha

i'm also irish and dorkily enough, I do have the "everyone loves an irish girl" urban outfitter's t-shirt haha

love snow patrol & ryan adams as always :)

Anonymous said...

i just realized something super weird, that half of the comments on this post so far don't know what st patrick's day is!? wow, it really is more american than I realized haha

discotheque confusion said...

I love reading your playlists; you always come up with such genius titles tp suit the subject!

Aisha said...

I love redheads :)
Awesome playlist, I'm very into the flaming lips lately.

♥

PS. You've been tagged by me, answer it just if you have time, don't worry!

Ellie Lee said...

hahah heard of st patty's; but absolutely no idea wht it is!

but corned beef is def yummy(((:

Jennifer said...

I'm not irish but i love st. pattys day as well. i do enjoy eating corn beef and cabbage with my irish friends! great post and awsome shirt for a good cause! enjoy your St. Pattys day

Xxo

Aisha said...

That's so cool you're doing the meme, can't wait to read your answers!

♥

In Yr Fshn said...

Great list! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Wendy said...

The cookies are oh so cute!