Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Diana Diaries

Recently I have gotten my rolls of film from my Diana F+ camera developed. I must say that I am very pleased with all of them. Film is such a great medium to use because you never know just how it will come out. With the Diana camera, which based on a toy camera from the 70's, you can layer several shots on one frame, like I did with the one above. Taken in San Francisco, I took a picture of the Painted Ladies, didn't roll the film and then took a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge on top of it. Getting these rolls developed makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning and each shot is so precious because you only get 12 to a roll. I love it - many more to come :)

5 comments:

tess said...

I do find I'm much more careful/selective when it comes to shooting film. These looks great, almost eerie

Unknown said...

these are beautiful, and the scenery is so picturesque.
Love it.

http://thebluebirdtree.blogspot.com/

Lexie said...

i love this! i cannot wait to see more!

la petite fashionista said...

wow, this is phenomenal!! it's crazy how digital cameras have made us so snap-happy. film cameras seem much more special!

Islandia Lane said...

oooh this one is great - I've had my Diana now for about a year and still have yet to get more than maybe two good pics from it... need to figure out what I'm doing wrong...
But you are right I do LOVE {and prefer} any film over digital any day.