Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In My Place


My roommate and I decided to move into another dorm together - our close friend's - because her roommates had transferred. So now we each have our own room, un-lofted beds, and an unbelievable view of King St. and the beautiful bridge (those pics to come...). Moving also meant a new bed size,a full, and more wall space to be decorated. I ordered this reversible quilt from UO.

For above my bed, I got this paper towel roll art idea from Design Sponge. It was free to make and only involved toilet paper/paper towel rolls, scissors and a stapler! I thought it went well with the leaf motif of the quilt.

...and my closet: uber organized and never closed (I want it to be like a California Closet haha)

........

ALSO, you have until this Thursday night 11:59 pm to enter my Jewels of Denial Giveaway!

Check out the other rings they have too!

13 comments:

Thelma said...

Fabulous! Love it all!

tess said...

wow love your bedspread and your new room looks gorgeous

Lexie said...

I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS A DORM ROOM! it's so beautiful!

Stephanie said...

I like the wall art your made.

Anonymous said...

I have that lamp too! :) And I love the paper towel roll idea, it looks great!

S.Elisabeth said...

So gorgeous; ah this reminds me that I get to decorate my dorm room next year. So excited!! And love your choices!

Rebekah said...

Such a good job! It looks wonderful.

la petite fashionista said...

that is a dorm?! man, we got swindled in ours haha. i lovelove your room, i feel like it seems to fit your personality perfectly. & i think im going to start saving tp rolls to make wall art:)

chelsea rebecca said...

that might be the coolest bedroom ever! i absolutely adore you bedspread. and that paperroll art you made is incredible!!!! you've inspired me to spruce up my own room!!!

Alyssa said...

wow, when i first looked i thought it was a design room picture you were aspiring to! but no it really exists! that toilet paper creation is AMAZING! it looks damn expensive.

Enjoy your new room xx

Lori said...

i realllly love the wall art, its so pretty. your dorm room is amazing

Jaclyn said...

Very pretty! It doesn't look like a dorm room at all! I love the wall art, from the photos I would never guess it was from paper towel rolls
belle

You Are My Fave said...

Super impressed by you toilet paper roll decor. I always attempt DIY projects and they never turn out all that great.