Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You Will Want To Clap Your Hands


The more music I discover, the more I learn that the indie musicians are just one big family. I first learned about Inara George on the Greys Anatomy Soundtrack. I loved her song "Fools in Love" so much that I bought her whole album All Rise. She has a very sweet voice that is fully displayed in all her unique songs. Each song sounds different, which is very refreshing since a lot of Cd's today just seem like one 40 minute song.
Inara George, All Rise

Little did I know the has an even better side project, I present to you: The Bird and The Bee. I discovered them about a year ago and have been in love ever since. It consists of the bird (inara) and the bee (Greg Kurstin) who mesh together to make AWESOME music! Much like the title of their band, their songs have cute beats and an innocent- like quality, but their meaning is something very dirty and sexy. All their music is great - I would recommend all of their debut album and their EP - Please Clap Your Hands - you're gonna wanna put on a cute shift and dance around your room like you're a go go girl (not that we already do that). Check out some of their music on my music player and some videos below:)



and did I mention that Inara is the coolest dresser?!?!

13 comments:

la petite fashionista said...

whoa i love that editorial. just by looking at the pictures i would have guessed she's a 60's mod child. wicked style!
xoox

Wendy said...

Inara's dress in the last photo is awesome! I am totally checking this band out.

Ceci n'est pas une blogger. said...

That first photo is amazing and gorgeous - the composition, the colors, the setting, everything. I just wish we could see her whole dress because I'm sure it's beautiful!

Kseniya said...

she has great style and dress seems beautiful!
might actually listen to the music, thanks:)
x

s.i. michaels said...

Ooo, the Bird and the Bee are fantastic. I had no idea she had a solo CD out--given her lovely voice, I shouldn't be surprised.

Lola Eliza. said...

I love bird and the bee! I didnt know
that she had a cd out by herself!
Thanks for the information!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh, she's so stylish! Is it wrong to be attracted to a songister for her clothes? If it is, I don't want to be right.

Lexie said...

i love musicians with great style. i will have to check this girl out!

if you want more info about my experience with greek life/college in general, my email is afrensle@knox.edu. it's really been amazing so far!

Cate said...

sounds interesting! inara looks very very cool. i'm checking her music out, definitely!

Jackie said...

Wow, awesome styling =]


And also, I'd like to link you in my blog, okay withi you?

Anonymous said...

totally cool post on indie music. I agree about Inara.

Kool Thing said...

Inara has a side-project in the pipeline with Rod from Idlewild. Should be good. I never knew she was such a cutie!

XX

In Yr Fshn said...

Her outfits are incredible!